20 Sep Free stock photo: how to choose the right stock photo
There are lots of websites offering free stock photos. And once you get on one of the websites, there are lots of free stock photos await you. So this brings up the question, how can I choose the right stock photo?
I made lots of research on free stock photos, and I found out the best ways to choose the right stock photo. I will share those ideas with you right here. So read on.
- Know the purpose of your image. As I said, when you get on one of the websites, there are lots of images waiting for you. But before you consider any images, you should consider the purpose of the picture. For instance, if you are writing a blog on women health, and you need a stock photo, it is not appropriate to pick an image on waterfall or dogs.
- Choose attention-grabbing photos and colors. No one will take a second look at dull photos. But everyone will look at a bright beautiful picture twice. To find a stock photo rich in attention-grabbing colors, you can use contrast. Here are seven contrast colors:
- Light-dark contrast
- Pure (hue) contrast
- Simultaneous contrast
- Cold/warm contrast
- Complementary contrast
- Contrast on quantity
- Contrast of quality (color saturation)
- Make sure the image supports your message. You can choose attention grabbing images, as long as they don’t distract from the main message of your article, headline, or update. You don’t want images that are controversial, too specific, too loud, and recognizable. You should also make sure that you don’t choose images with memes. Images with all those qualities are distracting, so make sure you don’t pick them.
- Be mindful of the shape and size. The form and size of a photo are other factors that you should consider when selecting a photo. If you want to use the images on social network, you should know the picture sizes for each social network:
- Facebook: 1,200 x 628
- The image should be in ratio 16:9; for instance, 1600 x 900 or 1024 x 576.
- 1080 x 1080
- Google+. 800 x 1200
- 735 x 1102
- 700 x 400
However, if you like an image that is not the right size, you can crop or resize the images.
Here, we have come to an end on how to pick the good stock photo. So you can browse through different free stock photos and choose the right one!